CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

And The Winner Is.....


BARACK OBAMA!!!
This was a MOST unusual election! For ONE thing it went on for about 2 years...the campaigning, that is. But I am with politics the way I am with football--Let me know when its down to two and I'll choose up sides. For ANOTHER thing, it was the first time a man of AFRICAN AMERICAN decent made into the finals. AND a WOMAN was on the ticket for the GOP V.P.
FOR ME, the most unusual part of this election year was the fact that I actually liked BOTH guys! Usually I like NEITHER and vote for what I consider to be the lesser of 2 evils. Not this time. It was a real struggle to weigh the pluses and minuses of the two candidates and come up with a firm decision. Firm. Maybe thats not the best description. I should just say "come up with a decision". But I did.
Lets just say when it came right down to it I reverted to my usual technique for choosing...I voted against W.